#1 Agave nectar or maple syrup can be used as a sweetener
Does your recipe call for honey? No worries! Use maple syrup or agave syrup as a sweet alternative. Maple syrup is vegan and it comes from the sap of sweet maple trees. Maple syrup is packed with antioxidants and other great nutrients like zinc and magnesium. Compared to honey, maple syrup is actually a bit healthier and has fewer calories. If you don’t enjoy the more caramelized flavor that maple syrup has, swap out your honey for agave nectar instead. Agave nectar comes from blue agave plants that are native to Southern Mexico. Agave nectar is lower in both carbs and sugar, making it a healthier swap as well. Using either of these as an alternative sweetener is a fantastic vegan dessert hack so that you can still enjoy treats you love while remaining vegan!
- Maple syrup is a thinner consistency than honey so only use about ¾ of maple syrup compared to the amount of honey the recipe calls for!
- Agave nectar is sweeter than honey, so you can use less!
#2 Avocado is great in desserts
Avocado as dessert? Yep, you heard correctly! You can actually use avocado in several desserts, making it an amazing vegan dessert hack! Avocados are loaded with great nutrients like potassium and riboflavin, vitamins C and E, and even more. Avocados can make your desserts healthier since they are high in heart-healthy fats and provide a good source of fiber too. Using avocado in desserts is a great hack to disguising the fruit, that people often consider a vegetable, while still enjoying something tasty. If you’re a chocolate lover, you are in luck because avocado goes great in desserts involving chocolate since it blends in so well. Avocado can also be used as a non-dairy substitute for butter in some recipes.
- If you only use half of the avocado, rub some lemon juice on the exposed inside before packaging it and refrigerating. The acidity of the citrus helps it stay fresh!
#3 Chia seeds are multipurpose for desserts
Chia seeds can be used in vegan desserts and also as an egg replacement. These tiny seeds are absolutely packed with healthy benefits. From fiber, antioxidants, protein, and Omega-3 fatty acids; these seeds are one of the healthiest foods around. The list of health benefits coming from chia seeds is extensive, making these a great addition to your diet. One of the best vegan dessert hacks is to use chia seeds as an egg replacement. Doing this allows you to turn some of your favorite desserts vegan, and also benefit from the nutrients of chia seeds. Adding chia seeds to your baking will make your desserts healthier and more guilt-free!
#4 Boxed Cake Mix Hack
Are you in a pinch to make a quick birthday cake or cupcakes for a party? You can use a boxed cake mix to make an easy vegan dessert. This vegan dessert hack is super simple and budget-friendly. A lot of cake mixes from the grocery store are actually vegan, they are no longer vegan once you add in the commonly called for ingredients like eggs and butter. However, you can actually skip those and make the recipe even easier. For this simple hack, you change up the recipe directions on the box and replace non-vegan ingredients with substitutes like apple sauce or even a can of soda! Using a boxed cake mix is super versatile because you can choose from several flavors and you can easily switch up the ingredients you add! Try this hack out the next time you want to make a super quick and vegan-friendly dessert!
- Some canned frostings are accidentally vegan! So you can make your vegan cake in a pinch, and then use pre-made frosting to top it off! Check the ingredients list on these frostings to see which ones are vegan!
- Use Dafero brownie batter flavor spread as a substitute for chocolate frosting on your cake! Using it as a filling in cupcakes is another great vegan hack!
#5 Banana Ice Cream Hack
Who doesn’t love ice cream? Now you can enjoy a low ingredient, healthier, vegan alternative to ice cream! This is one of the easiest vegan dessert hacks because all you have to do is freeze a few ripe bananas and blend them! This ice cream recipe is awesome because the base ingredient is banana, then you can customize it with whatever toppings or flavorings you choose! While enjoying your ice cream you will also be benefiting from the banana’s potassium and vitamin C. Being able to customize the flavor and add whatever toppings you choose makes this a versatile and enjoyable treat for everyone.
- When your banana gets ripe, cut it into pieces before freezing so it is easier to blend later.
- After blending you can enjoy your ice cream as more of a soft-serve consistency or you can store it in the freezer for a few hours for a more hand-dipped consistency.
RecipesCheck out this website for 10 ideas to customize your ice cream
- Add 2 tablespoons of Dafero OG spread to one frozen banana, then blend. This will make your ice cream deliciously sweet and full of antioxidants!
#6 Dafero Date Spread
Not only is our date spread super delicious and naturally sweet, you can use it in vegan dessert hacks too! Do you need an egg replacement? Our date spread can replace eggs in dense cake recipes like brownies, carrot cake, and banana bread. Our date spread can also be used as a sweetener in delicious smoothie or ice cream recipes too! Dafero’s date spread is naturally sweet and full of antioxidants, making it the perfect vegan sweetener hack! Adding our date spread into your recipe is a fantastic way to incorporate amazing nutrients like fiber and zinc into your dessert, all while keeping it vegan!
- Use it as a frosting substitute, adding 1tsp of chilled coconut oil for every 1 tbs of date spread
- Add 1tbs of date spread to sweeten 1 cup of smoothing
- Follow us on Instagram for new weekly recipes!